Who We Are
United Wisconsin Grain Producers (UWGP) was born from a concern for the farm family. Cal, Kevin and other area producers were discussing their frustration with spending all their time on the road hauling corn to the river—losing family time and missing important events in their children’s lives as a result. Was there something they could do to change that?
It turned out there was. Since production began here in 2005, area farmers have enjoyed a more convenient destination for their grain, more family time and a better bottom line. Our plant purchases and processes 20 million bushels of corn annually from farmers in our region. That corn is converted to ethanol, corn oil, distillers grain and A+ProYeast. Those value-added, renewable products have returned more than $143 million to UWGP members.
Other facts about UWGP:
- Produces and ships 60 million gallons of ethanol annually to blending terminals.
- Produces and ships 2.5 million gallons of crude corn oil annually.
- Produces and ships 120,000 tons of distillers grain annually, mostly to local dairy and cattle operators but also to export destinations.
- Produces and ships 30,000 tons of A+ProYeast (a 48% protein yeast ingredient) annually to dairy, swine, poultry, pet and aqua-culture markets domestically and for export.
- At 3.0 gallons/bushel, we have among the best ethanol per bushel yield rates in the industry.
To add value to locally grown grains, provide members with a good return on investment, and be good stewards to our employees and community.
Together as stakeholders, we employ continuous process improvement, and the latest available technology to process grain into high quality biofuels and resultant feed products, while progressively maximizing energy value, minimizing overall impact on our environment, and maintaining safety as a priority.
Our board of directors is comprised of area ag producers, businessmen and investors who work closely with our management team to provide guidance and oversight to UWGP. We have a nine-member board, with each board member elected by our members to a three-year term.